The Granada Theatre has 2 open positions
Assistant Facilities Manager - PART TIME
Facility Assistant - PART TIME
Box Office Associate - PART TIME
ASSISTANT FACILITIES MANAGER (AFM) - Job Description
The Assistant Facilities Manager (AFM) works under the direct supervision of the Facilities Manager. The AFM assists in the operation and maintenance of The Granada Theatre and support areas, as well as various other operational tasks.
- Routine maintenance duties, including but not limited to, painting, drywall repairs, spot cleaning, light bulb changing, filter changes, minor plumbing, minor electrical repairs, and vacuuming.
- Assist with supply inventory ordering.
- Accept and direct deliveries of vendor and guest company items.
- Provide daily reports to the Facility Manager of all completed work related tasks.
- Be diplomatic in dealing with the public on all venue related matters.
- Conduct prospective client / guest walk-throughs as needed, and provide follow up details for relevant internal and external constituents.
- Assist in advance planning for all performances and events.
- Opening and closing of venue prior to and at the end of performances.
- Event set up, as needed, to assure compliance with staff/patron requests.
- Installation and removal of ADA seating prior to performances and events.
- Assist security staff with proper set up locations, guest lists and times on duty.
- Assist and direct valet parking personnel for event parking issues.
- Provide assistance to front of house personnel and guidance to ushers during performances.
- Restoring set up items to their original and proper locations.
- Provide Facility reports for performances worked.
- Assist in evacuation procedures in accordance with Granada Emergency Evacuation Plan (EEP) and Illness and Injury Prevention Program (IIPP).
- Must always work in accordance with all prescribed safety guidelines.
- Changing marquee display as required.
- Work harmoniously with all SBCPA departments and external users.
Education, Experience and Skills
- One to two years of facility operation or maintenance experience at a theater, arena, performing arts center or other public venue
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to relate well to the public and fellow employees.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be available to work a wide variety of hours.
- Must be able to rapidly move up and down staircases.
- Must have a valid California Driver’s License.
- Must have a demonstrated knowledge of all basic and power hand tools.
- Must be able to operate office machines as well as audio visual equipment.
- Must be well versed in the use of computer systems including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be able to communicate in a personable and respectful demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to represent The Granada Theatre and the SBCPA policies at all times in a professional and courteous manner.
The Santa Barbara Center for the Performing Arts is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in all areas of its operation.
For consideration, qualified candidates may email a resume, along with three references and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Granada is seeking reliable, customer friendly individuals for the position of Box Office Associate. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis and processed when the need to fill a vacant position arises. Resumes of qualified applicants will be kept for up to six months for future consideration.
The Box Office Associate will perform the following duties while working in the box office:
Answer general information and main phone lines.
Provide show information to patrons and assist the public.
Help patrons with theatre seat selection over the phone and in person.
Sell single and season tickets by phone and in person using the Tessitura ticketing system.
Process subscriptions renewal invoices, assist with the upkeep of subscription files.
General office tasks include but are not limited to printing ticket orders, courtesy calls, and special projects as assigned.
The Box Office is open 7-days a week and select holidays, applicant must be available to work weekdays, weekends and evenings. Box Office hours: Mondays through Saturdays 10:00am – 5:30pm, Sundays 12:00pm – 5:00 pm; the Box Office is open until one half hour after the first curtain on performance days.
Weekly schedules range between 10 to 18 hours.
Hours vary based upon scheduled events.
Basic computer knowledge in a Windows environment and typing skills required.
Must be confident working with the public and have a pleasant demeanor
Passion for good customer service is a must.
Must be able to deal with a wide variety of people over the phone and in person.
Job offer is contingent upon satisfactory background check
Experience in theatre, box office, customer service and/or cashiering.
For consideration, qualified candidates may email a resume, along with three references and cover letter to email@example.com.
No phone calls please.
Job Title: Facility Assistant
Classification: Part-time, regularly scheduled to work less than 20 hours per week.
Reports to: Facility Manager
The Facility Assistant provides oversight, support, and basic security for performances, rehearsals, and private events. They assist the Operations Staff and/or vendors to ensure the safety of the venue and patrons as well as the logistics of the event. The Facility Assistant is responsible for closing and locking the venue at the conclusion of the event. Facility Assistant is also available on an on-call basis for light maintenance, venue restoration, additional cleaning, and marquee changes.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties:
Venue Maintenance and Restoration
Supervising Backstage and FOH at performances
Supervising FOH for private events
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, etc.
Knowledge of building systems, equipment and material. Some college experience preferred.
Customer Service and interpersonal skills. Supervisory experience. Special Event experience. Maintenance/caretaking experience (HVAC, Plumbing, Painting, A/V, etc.)
Ability to alternate between both physical labor and formal customer service. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced event environment.
Ability to use hand-held power tools. Knowledge of projection and A/V equipment.
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs., stand for long periods of time, and work on ladders.
Desirable Interpersonal Skills:
Must be able to communicate effectively and personably with management, co-workers, resident companies, Board members, and especially patrons. Must be able to represent the organization and uphold SBCPA policies at all times in a professional and friendly manner.
Sign up to receive updates and special offers from the Granada Theatre.
Click here to find out more information about becoming a patron of the Granada Theatre
and other opportunities.