There are currently 3 positions available at The Granada Theatre:
Special Events Manager
Assistant House Manager
Box Office Associate
The Special Events Manager is responsible for working with the Development Director to conceive and manage events appealing to high-net worth individuals. The position will also work with the Operations and Marketing departments to create special events designed to foster staff pride and build audiences. Thirdly, the position will manage the rental of the theatre for private non-performance events. With all of these types of events, the Special Events Manager will assist with budgeting, public relations, and promotional activities.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor degree with a minimum of five years of experience in event planning and management. Prior experience with development/donor relations and/or the performing arts is preferred. The candidate must also have a demonstrated understanding of, and dedication to, the delivery of outstanding customer service. A keen eye for detail as well as an ability to communicate in a friendly and respectful fashion is a must. A Windows-based computer system will be used in the position so effective technology skills are required. The candidate must be able to work a wide variety of hours related to scheduled events. This includes evenings and weekends. The ability to move rapidly up and down stairs during an event as well as the ability to stand for long periods of time (4-5 hours minimum) is a requirement. The candidate also needs to be able to lift program boxes, chairs, and other event supplies. Lastly, a valid California driver’s license is required.
For consideration, qualified candidates may email a resume, along with three references and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
The Assistant House Manager has secondary and or delegated responsibility for recruiting, training, and managing volunteer ambassadors who greet, direct, and assist patrons attending performances. This position works as a team leader coordinating with presenting companies, assists, and oversees all front of house duties in preparation for, during, and post performances and events.
For consideration, qualified candidates may email a resume, along with three references and cover letter to: email@example.com
The Granada Theatre seeks reliable, customer service oriented, friendly individuals for the position of Box Office Associate. Currently, we are looking for people with availability during weekdays, weekends, and evenings. Resumes of qualified applicants will be kept for up to six months for future consideration.
The Box Office Associate will perform the following duties while working in the box office:
1. Provide ticketing information to patrons and assist the public. Help patrons with theatre seat selection over the phone and in person.
2. Answer general information and main phone lines.
3. Sell single and season tickets by phone and in person using the Tessitura ticketing system.
4. Process subscriptions renewal invoices, assist with the upkeep of subscription files.
5. Cash handling.
6. General office tasks include but are not limited to faxing, restocking supplies, printing ticket orders, courtesy calls, maintaining office equipment, distribution of incoming mail, courier runs, and creating documents.
7. Special projects as assigned.
8. Meetings support including scheduling meetings, assembling appropriate materials, and meeting room setup.
9. Assist with special events.
The Box Office is open 7-days a week and holidays. Applicant must be available to work weekdays, weekends and evenings. Box Office hours: Mondays through Saturdays 10:00am – 5:30pm, Sundays 12:00pm – 5:00 pm; the Box Office is open until one half hour after the first curtain on performance days.
1. Basic computer knowledge in a Windows environment and typing skills required.
2. Must be confident working with a wide variety of people over the phone and in person.
3. Excellent customer service skills with a willing and pleasant attitude.
4. Multi-tasking experience with attention to detail.
5. Flexible schedule.
5. Job offer is contingent upon satisfactory background check
Experience in theatre, box office, general office administration, customer service and/or cashiering.
For consideration, qualified candidates may email a resume, along with three references and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up to receive updates and special offers from the Granada Theatre.
Click here to find out more information about becoming a patron of the Granada Theatre
and other opportunities.