The Granada Theatre has 3 open positions
Box Office Associate - PART TIME
Front of House Assistant - PART TIME
Accounting Assistant - FULL TIME
Box Office Associate
The Granada is seeking reliable, customer friendly individuals for the position of Box Office Associate. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis and processed when the need to fill a vacant position arises. Resumes of qualified applicants will be kept for up to six months for future consideration.
The Box Office Associate will perform the following duties while working in the box office:
Answer general information and main phone lines.
Provide show information to patrons and assist the public.
Help patrons with theatre seat selection over the phone and in person.
Sell single and season tickets by phone and in person using the Tessitura ticketing system.
Process subscriptions renewal invoices, assist with the upkeep of subscription files.
General office tasks include but are not limited to printing ticket orders, courtesy calls, and special projects as assigned.
The Box Office is open 7-days a week and select holidays, applicant must be available to work weekdays, weekends and evenings. Box Office hours: Mondays through Saturdays 10:00am – 5:30pm, Sundays 12:00pm – 5:00 pm; the Box Office is open until one half hour after the first curtain on performance days.
Weekly schedules range between 10 to 18 hours.
Hours vary based upon scheduled events.
Basic computer knowledge in a Windows environment and typing skills required.
Must be confident working with the public and have a pleasant demeanor
Passion for good customer service is a must.
Must be able to deal with a wide variety of people over the phone and in person.
Job offer is contingent upon satisfactory background check
Experience in theatre, box office, customer service and/or cashiering. Bilingual.
The Santa Barbara Center for the Performing Arts is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in all areas of its operation.
For consideration, qualified candidates should email a resume, along with three references and cover letter to: email@example.com.
No phone calls please.
Front-of-House Assistant – Part Time
The Granada Theatre is a year-round, multi-purpose regional performing arts center for music, theatre, dance, opera, musicals, cinema, and community events. The Granada is part of the historic theater district in downtown Santa Barbara.
The Front-of-House Assistant, under direction of the House Manager, shall provide excellent customer service to patrons during events at the Granada. Work may include some preparation of the theater space, such as setting up tables, chairs, programs and minor cleaning. The work schedule is based on the events booked. The hours are highly variable and generally limited to 20 hours or less per week. Some weeks may have no hours. Most hours will be at night and may be any day of the week, including weekends, and holidays. The Front-of-House Assistant must be able to represent the Granada Theatre effectively and professionally at all times.
· Provide excellent customer service for patrons including resolving issues and complaints.
· Monitor people and events to ensure patron and volunteer safety and adherence to rules.
· Work and communicate well with volunteer ushers.
· Assist in emergencies. Need First Aid Certification. (can be completed after hire)
· Move and lift program boxes, tables, chairs, and other furniture and equipment as needed.
· Must be able to frequently climb stairs, walk and stand for prolonged periods of time. (4-5 hours minimum)
· Must be able to adapt quickly and effectively to changing circumstances.
· Must be able to react professionally and independently in assisting patrons in difficult and emergency situations.
· Communicate effectively and courteously with the public, co-workers and a large team of volunteer ushers.
· Must have great attention to detail.
· Must be able to lift equipment and supplies weighing up to 35 pounds.
· Proficient with Windows, Microsoft Office Word and Excel, email and other web-based apps.
· The employee will occasionally work in a moderately loud environment.
· Previous experience in a front-of-house position in a performing arts center, theater or conference center.
· Previous customer service in other fields, fast-paced places, such as restaurants or museums or non-profits.
· Some previous office experience.
For consideration, qualified candidates should mail or email a resume, along with three references and cover letter to:
Santa Barbara Center for the Performing Arts / The Granada Theatre
1330 State Street, Suite 101
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
The Accounting team at the Santa Barbara Center for the Performing Arts provides accounting services to the Granada Theatre and the SB Symphony, as well as for the general operations of SBCPA. The Accounting Assistant position works with staff from these organizations to ensure the accurate entry of accounting transactions for general operating activities, deposits, periodic regulatory reporting and bi-weekly payroll. In addition, this position is responsible for analyzing and reconciling accounting information.
Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
• A minimum of 2 years experience using QuickBooks
• A minimum of 2 years doing payroll
• Ability to analyze data
• Be comfortable with technology and working with complex systems
• Detail oriented
• Require minimal supervision
This is a full time, non-exempt position. Benefits include paid time off, health insurance and 403(b) mathing.
Sign up to receive updates and special offers from the Granada Theatre.
Click here to find out more information about becoming a patron of the Granada Theatre
and other opportunities.