The Granada Theatre has 3 open positions
Administrative Associate Part-time
The Granada/SBCPA is seeking a friendly, professional, reliable, organized, customer service oriented individual for the position of Administrative Associate. Currently, we are looking for someone with availability to work Monday through Friday in the afternoons between 12 and 19 hours a week.
The Administrative Associate will perform the following duties while working in the administration office:
1. Answer main phone lines & greet the public.
2. General office tasks include but are not limited to faxing, filing, restocking supplies, maintaining office equipment, distribution of incoming mail, compiling meeting packets, processing vouchers, scanning accounting files, proofreading, and creating documents.
3. Meetings support including scheduling meetings, assembling appropriate materials, and meeting room setup with conference phone calling and laptop projection.
4. Keep up to date with current show schedules at the Santa Barbara Center for the Performing Arts.
5. Assist with special events and special projects as assigned.
6. Closing the administrative office.
The Administration Office is open 9:00am -- 5:00pm Monday through Friday.
1. Experience in office environment.
2. Computer knowledge in a Windows environment and typing skills.
3. Must be confident working with a wide variety of people over the phone and in person.
4. Excellent customer service skills with a willing and pleasant attitude.
5. Ability to communicate and work well with others.
6. Strong written and oral communication skills.
7. Multi-tasking experience with a high attention to detail.
8. Experience with ShoreTel phone system a plus.
9. Job offer is contingent upon satisfactory background check.
For consideration, qualified candidates may email a resume, along with three references and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
The Granada is seeking reliable, customer friendly individuals for the position of Box Office Associate. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis and processed when the need to fill a vacant position arises. Resumes of qualified applicants will be kept for up to six months for future consideration.
The Box Office Associate will perform the following duties while working in the box office:
Answer general information and main phone lines.
Provide show information to patrons and assist the public.
Help patrons with theatre seat selection over the phone and in person.
Sell single and season tickets by phone and in person using the Tessitura ticketing system.
Process subscriptions renewal invoices, assist with the upkeep of subscription files.
General office tasks include but are not limited to printing ticket orders, courtesy calls, and special projects as assigned.
The Box Office is open 7-days a week and select holidays, applicant must be available to work weekdays, weekends and evenings. Box Office hours: Mondays through Saturdays 10:00am – 5:30pm, Sundays 12:00pm – 5:00 pm; the Box Office is open until one half hour after the first curtain on performance days.
Weekly schedules range between 10 to 18 hours.
Hours vary based upon scheduled events.
Basic computer knowledge in a Windows environment and typing skills required.
Must be confident working with the public and have a pleasant demeanor
Passion for good customer service is a must.
Must be able to deal with a wide variety of people over the phone and in person.
Job offer is contingent upon satisfactory background check
Experience in theatre, box office, customer service and/or cashiering.
The Santa Barbara Center for the Performing Arts is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in all areas of its operation.
For consideration, qualified candidates may email a resume, along with three references and cover letter to email@example.com.
No phone calls please.
Santa Barbara Center for the Performing Arts (SBCPA) / The Granada Theatre
Annual Fund Manager
Compensation competitive DOE
The Annual Fund Manager, under the direction of the Director of Development, is responsible for planning and executing the SBCPA Annual Fund Program including development and oversight of program budget. The Annual Fund Manager will work collaboratively as part of team of SBCPA managers to foster productive relationships with donors, sponsors, staff, volunteers, vendors and the community at large.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITES AND JOB FUNCTIONS
I. Annual Fundraising Program
Works with Director of Development to create an Annual Fund program and budget, including the following key elements:
A. Annual Appeals
B. Lapsed Donors
C. Grants and Foundations
D. Corporate Sponsorship
E. Special Events
II. Development/Annual Fund Communications
A. Works with all relevant SBCPA staff to develop and establish timelines for Development communications.
B. Coordinates with the Marketing Department on the compilation and editing of publications/materials which support the Development Program.
III. Major and Planned Gifts
A. Works with the Development team to identify, through research and referrals, prospective Premier Patron Society and other major donors (outright gifts of $10,000+), as well as Alhambra Society members (deferred/planned gifts of $10,000+).
B. As directed, attends various events to meet and greet current and prospective major gift donors.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Minimum of five years of experience in development with proven expertise in annual giving.
- Prior experience with the performing arts is preferred.
- Must have a demonstrated understanding of, and dedication to, the delivery of outstanding donor/customer service.
- Must have a highly developed and demonstrable sense of discretion with respect to confidential and private information appropriate to a non-profit organization.
- Must be friendly and have a keen eye for detail.
- Must be extraordinarily well organized with the ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize work load.
- Must be able to communicate in a personable and mutually respectful fashion as well as effectively build productive relationships with all internal and external constituencies.
- Must be technologically fluent on Windows-based computer systems and be able to effectively use Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be able to operate general office equipment and telephones as well as A/V and computer projection equipment.
- Must be able to work a wide variety of hours related to scheduled performances and events, including evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to rapidly move up and down staircases throughout the duration of a performance or event.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time (4-5 hours minimum) during the duration of a performance or event.
- Must be able to lift program boxes, tables, chairs and other event supplies.
Please send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.
Sign up to receive updates and special offers from the Granada Theatre.
Click here to find out more information about becoming a patron of the Granada Theatre
and other opportunities.