The Granada Theatre has 2 open positions:
Qualified candidates for the Marketing Manager position at Santa Barbara Center for the Performing Arts (SBCPA) must be up-to-date on marketing trends and innovations and have a thorough understanding of the SBCPA mission and The Granada Theatre’s brand. Candidates should have very strong writing and organization skills, a strong marketing sensibility and demonstrable professional experience in electronic and mobile marketing.
Reports to: Director of Operations
Directly supervises: Marketing Assistant
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND JOB FUNCTIONS
Function #1 – Marketing and Branding of The SBCPA
· Develop a complete understanding of the SBCPA and The Granada Theatres brands to ensure they remain current, engaging, dynamic and true to organizational mission.
· Work with Staff and Vendors to ensure brands remain consistent across platforms and marketing/development channels.
· Work with Marketing Assistant and Granada Theatre Style Guide to establish consistency in all print/email/visual campaigns.
Function #2 – Advertising and Direct Mail Campaigns
· Oversee production of print materials including The Historic Theatre District quarterly Performance Catalog and Santa Barbara Live program books. Work with outside designer, Marketing Assistant and Style Guide to ensure brand is consistent. Work with staff to ensure thorough editing process to guarantee accuracy of all materials.
· Strategize, create, and implement advertising campaigns including print and e-mail to increase and maximize all SBCPA ticket selling activities and communications.
· Implement and manage high quality and strategic writing standards for promotional content and process requests for changes and enhancements.
· Work with resident companies, renters and internal departments to gather requirements for print, web and email content, and determine delivery method for new content (web pages, emails, newsletters, etc.).
Function #3 –Digital content: Web/Mobile/Social Media sites
· Website: Oversee Content Management System (CMS) for The Granada Theatre website. Work with Marketing Assistant to keep content up to date and the site dynamic. Work with staff and vendors to ensure seamless integration with TNew pages.
· Oversee email communications via Wordfly and mobile website optimization.
· Work with Marketing Assistant to oversee the SBCPA daily social media presence, including creation, curating and organization of content and the monitoring and measuring of social media platforms and online conversations.
Function #4 – Research and Data Analysis
· Maintain regular, thorough, and actionable statistics and analytics regarding customer behavior, as well as customer satisfaction, acquisition and retention.
· Stay current with best practices in communication research to drive improvement in technology utilization, including web analytics and social media.
· Offer actionable insights and recommendations to SBCPA leadership about ways to improve advertising performance.
· Work closely with Database Administrator to maximize the efficient utilization of the SBCPA’s CRM software (Tessitura).
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or closely related field, plus three years progressive experience in marketing.
· Effective communication skills, both in person and in writing.
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, meet deadlines and function well under pressure.
· Excellent organizational and planning skills.
· Experience with ticketing and CRM programs such as Tessitura/Wordfly preferred.
· Successful candidates will possess strong organizational and leadership skills combined with a track record that demonstrates success with increasing earned revenues, particularly single ticket and subscription sales
· Demonstrable experience with Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest, Flickr, GoogleAnalytics, and Google AdWords.
· Adobe Creative Suite experience preferred but not required. Experience in the Performing Arts industry a plus.0
For consideration, qualified candidates may email a resume, along with three references and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Granada is seeking reliable, customer friendly individuals for the position of Box Office Associate. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis and processed when the need to fill a vacant position arises. Resumes of qualified applicants will be kept for up to six months for future consideration.
The Box Office Associate will perform the following duties while working in the box office:
Answer general information and main phone lines.
Provide show information to patrons and assist the public.
Help patrons with theatre seat selection over the phone and in person.
Sell single and season tickets by phone and in person using the Tessitura ticketing system.
Process subscriptions renewal invoices, assist with the upkeep of subscription files.
General office tasks include but are not limited to printing ticket orders, courtesy calls, and special projects as assigned.
The Box Office is open 7-days a week and select holidays, applicant must be available to work weekdays, weekends and evenings. Box Office hours: Mondays through Saturdays 10:00am – 5:30pm, Sundays 12:00pm – 5:00 pm; the Box Office is open until one half hour after the first curtain on performance days.
Weekly schedules range between 10 to 18 hours.
Hours vary based upon scheduled events.
Basic computer knowledge in a Windows environment and typing skills required.
Must be confident working with the public and have a pleasant demeanor
Passion for good customer service is a must.
Must be able to deal with a wide variety of people over the phone and in person.
Job offer is contingent upon satisfactory background check
Experience in theatre, box office, customer service and/or cashiering.
The Santa Barbara Center for the Performing Arts is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in all areas of its operation.
No phone calls please.
Sign up to receive updates and special offers from the Granada Theatre.
Click here to find out more information about becoming a patron of the Granada Theatre
and other opportunities.