The Granada Theatre has 2 open positions
Hospitality Support Staff
At the center of the Granada Theatre’s operations, our Hospitality Support staff play a pivotal role in ensuring memorable experiences for our valued clientele, patrons, and volunteers. This position is dedicated to ensuring seamless event execution, delivering top-notch customer service, and fostering effective teamwork and cooperation with the Front of House, Hospitality, and Operations Teams.
Reports to: Hospitality Manager
Pay: $18.00-$20.00/hour DOE
Granada Event Support staff works a varied schedule of weekdays and evenings, and weekend hours, solely dictated by the event schedule. Schedules published a month in advance. All Shifts are 4 hour minimum shifts.
Primary Duties Include:
- Support Hospitality Manager with receptions, events, show layouts, and other needs in the Hospitality Department.
- Support hospitality and FOH with set up for all events. Including but not limited to: tables, chairs, rope and stanchions,
- Support the bar staff by stocking and replenishing beverages, glassware, and supplies.
- Monitor and maintain inventory levels of bar and cleaning supplies.
Front of House Support
- Maintain cleanliness in common areas, including lobbies, hallways, and seating areas.
- Conduct regular bathroom checks and replenish supplies.
- Assist with seating arrangements and guide guests to their seats.
- Provide assistance to ADA patrons and ensure accessible seating.
- Assist with signaling performance commencement during events (five minute warnings before shows)
- Collaborate with the Front of House team to ensure smooth operations.
- Provide excellent customer service and address guest inquiries and concerns.
- Perform routine cleaning tasks and post-event cleanup.
- Collaborate with team members and communicate effectively.
- Adhere to safety, health, and ADA compliance guidelines.
- Self-motivated, well-organized, detail oriented, and excellent customer relations skills.
- Strong communication skills
- Some computer and technical knowledge (Preferred)
- This position requires the ability to work a variable schedule, evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet operational needs.
- At times, lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Walking for extended periods throughout the theater
Front of House Assistant
The Granada Theatre is looking for a highly motivated candidate to serve as the “Face of the Granada,” representing the organization with the utmost level of excellent customer service when interacting with patrons, clients, and volunteers. This role will focus on timely event execution, excellent customer service, and volunteer supervision and coordination, while working and collaborating with the front of house team.
Reports to: House Manager
Pay: $18-$22 per hour
Primary Duties Include:
• Assists in organization and management of the front of house operations during events.
• Effectively communicates with staff and volunteers to ensure a satisfactory patron experience.
• Responds to patron queries and complaints in a respectful and efficient manner.
• Efficiently solves double seating or re-seating issues with patrons.
• Assist patrons with accessibility requests and accommodation needs in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Granada’s standards of service.
• Organizes and supervises a small team (on average between 3-10) volunteer usher contingent during performances and events.
• Communicates event needs and the duties to volunteer ushers.
• Prepares the venue’s front of house areas for performances and events.
• Assists in event setup and takedown by completing internal checklist.
• Responds to emergencies and reports safety concerns during performances in accordance with the Granada’s safety training protocols.
• Represents the Granada Theatre effectively and professionally at all times.
• Assists in volunteer orientations, trainings, and appreciation events.
• High School Diploma or GED preferred, previous customer service experience desired
• Friendly, well-organized, detail oriented, and excellent customer relations skills.
• Must be able to adapt quickly and effectively to changing circumstances.
• Must be able to react professionally and independently when assisting patrons in difficult and emergency situations.
• Communicates effectively and courteously with patrons, staff, and a large team of volunteer ushers.
• CPR and first aid training is preferred.
Front of House assistants are part-time workers who are physically present at events and work highly variable hours based on the Granada event schedule. They generally work 10-15 hours per week, in the evenings, including weekdays and weekends. They are expected to attend 75% of our scheduled events. Work includes lots of walking, standing and stair climbing throughout each 5-6-hour shift.
• Must be able to rapidly move up and down staircases throughout the duration of a performance or event.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time (4-5 hours minimum) during the duration of a performance or event.
• Must be able to lift program boxes, tables, chairs.