The Granada Theatre has 1 open position
Front of House Assistant
The Granada Theatre is looking for a highly motivated candidate to serve as the “Face of the Granada,” representing the organization with the utmost level of excellent customer service when interacting with patrons, clients, and volunteers. This role will focus on timely event execution, excellent customer service, and volunteer supervision and coordination, while working and collaborating with the front of house team.
Reports to: House Manager
Pay: starting rate is $22 per hour
Primary Duties Include:
• Assists in organization and management of the front of house operations during events.
• Effectively communicates with staff and volunteers to ensure a satisfactory patron experience.
• Responds to patron queries and complaints in a respectful and efficient manner.
• Efficiently solves double seating or re-seating issues with patrons.
• Assist patrons with accessibility requests and accommodation needs in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Granada’s standards of service.
• Organizes and supervises a small team (on average between 3-10) volunteer usher contingent during performances and events.
• Communicates event needs and the duties to volunteer ushers.
• Prepares the venue’s front of house areas for performances and events.
• Assists in event setup and takedown by completing internal checklist.
• Responds to emergencies and reports safety concerns during performances in accordance with the Granada’s safety training protocols.
• Represents the Granada Theatre effectively and professionally at all times.
• Assists in volunteer orientations, trainings, and appreciation events.
• High School Diploma or GED preferred, previous customer service experience desired
• Friendly, well-organized, detail oriented, and excellent customer relations skills.
• Must be able to adapt quickly and effectively to changing circumstances.
• Must be able to react professionally and independently when assisting patrons in difficult and emergency situations.
• Communicates effectively and courteously with patrons, staff, and a large team of volunteer ushers.
• CPR and first aid training is preferred.
Front of House assistants are part-time workers who are physically present at events and work highly variable hours based on the Granada event schedule. They generally work 10-15 hours per week, in the evenings, including weekdays and weekends. They are expected to attend 75% of our scheduled events. Work includes lots of walking, standing and stair climbing throughout each 5-6-hour shift.
• Must be able to rapidly move up and down staircases throughout the duration of a performance or event.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time (4-5 hours minimum) during the duration of a performance or event.
• Must be able to lift program boxes, tables, chairs.