The Granada Theatre has 2 open positions
Ticketing Services Manager - Full Time
Ticketing Services Manager
The Granada Theatre, a 1538-seat performing arts center located in Santa Barbara, CA, is seeking an experienced Ticketing Services Manager (TSM). The ideal candidate will have at least three years of box office management experience, including practical experience using Tessitura, as well as supervisory or management experience.
The TSM will lead the Granada Theatre’s ticketing operations; interface with resident company partners; recruit, hire, and supervise box office supervisors and associates; and provide best-in-class services for patrons of The Granada Theatre, its Resident Company partners, and its partners in Santa Barbara’s Historic Theatre District.
The Ticketing Services Manager’s responsibilities will include:
Provide strategic leadership for the Ticketing Services department:
- Work with Consortium Services Manager to leverage existing and future technologies to provide best-in-class customer experience
- Provide insight and support in setting pricing levels for each new season, and ongoing sales reporting and analysis.
- Develop and oversee department budget and staffing plan
- Develop and track departmental performance metrics
Administer ticketing operations, including:
- Oversee all activities related to selling tickets to events held at The Granada Theatre
- Utilize Tessitura for ticketing functions and financial transactions/reporting
- Coordinate season ticket sales; manage subscription renewal campaigns
- Generate daily and weekly sales reports and settlements
- In conjunction with Contracts Manager and Operations Director, interface with Resident Company partners and rental presenters to determine ticketing needs, including presales, on-sale schedules, holds and allocations
Recruit, hire, train, and oversee box office staff, including:
- Supervise Assistant Ticketing Services Manager and Box Office Supervisor
- Develop and implement operational policies and procedures
Participate in and assist with marketing strategies, including:
- Communicate with staff regularly regarding sales and promotion information
- Participate in Historic Theatre District meetings
- Hands-on experience with Tessitura or comparable computerized ticketing software
- Supervisory experience
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Commitment to stellar customer service and attention to detail
- Computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Google Docs
- Management experience including budget creation and oversight
- Experience with subscription ticketing
- Familiarity with marketing concepts
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings or weekends as required
The Santa Barbara Center for the Performing Arts is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in all areas of its operation.
For consideration, qualified candidates may email a resume and cover letter to Stacey Voigt, Consortium Services Manager, at email@example.com.
Box Office Associate – Part Time
The Granada Theatre is currently seeking reliable, customer friendly individuals for several part-time Box Office Associate positions.
Box Office Associates promote outstanding customer service in ticket sales and services for The Granada Theatre, its resident companies, and Historic Theatre District partner venues. Associates impart information about performances, ticket pricing and seating availability as well as general information about the theatres and the Santa Barbara area, while creating a welcoming and inclusive environment to experience the cultural and performing arts.
In addition to ticket sales and services, Box Office Associate duties include but are not limited to general office tasks, proofreading marketing materials and other duties as assigned.
Applicants must be confident working with the public, have a pleasant demeanor, a passion for outstanding customer service, and the ability to professionally interact in person, over the phone and by email with theatre patrons, show presenters, co-workers and the general public.
Weekly work schedules range between 10 to 18 hours. Hours vary depending on scheduled performances and events.
General Box Office hours are Monday through Saturday 10:00am to 5:30pm, Sunday 12:00pm to 5:00pm. The Box Office also remains open until one half hour after the first curtain on performance days.
- Applicants must be available to work weekdays, weekends, evenings and some holidays. Ideal candidates will have availability to work Saturday evenings and/or Sundays from 11:30am to 5:30pm in addition to weeknight evenings.
- Basic computer knowledge in a Windows environment and typing skills are required.
- Bilingual is a plus.
- Ticket sales experience is helpful. Experience using the Tessitura ticketing system is highly desirable.
- All applicants are required to complete and sign a background check authorization form.
For consideration, qualified candidates should email a resume along with three references and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Box Office Associate” in the subject line of your e-mail. No phone calls please.