The Granada Theatre has 2 open positions
Box Office Associate - Part Time
The Granada Theatre is currently seeking reliable, customer friendly individuals for several part-time Box Office Associate positions.
Box Office Associates promote outstanding customer service in ticket sales and services for The Granada Theatre, its resident companies, and Historic Theatre District partner venues. Associates impart information about performances, ticket pricing and seating availability as well as general information about the theatres and the Santa Barbara area, while creating a welcoming and inclusive environment to experience the cultural and performing arts.
In addition to ticket sales and services, Box Office Associate duties include but are not limited to general office tasks, proofreading marketing materials and other duties as assigned.
Applicants must be confident working with the public, have a pleasant demeanor, a passion for outstanding customer service, and the ability to professionally interact in person, over the phone and by email with theatre patrons, show presenters, co-workers and the general public.
Weekly work schedules range between 10 to 18 hours. Hours vary depending on scheduled performances and events.
General Box Office hours are Monday through Saturday 10:00am to 5:30pm, Sunday 12:00pm to 5:00pm. The Box Office also remains open until one half hour after the first curtain on performance days.
- Applicants must be available to work weekdays, weekends, evenings and some holidays. Ideal candidates will have availability to work Saturday evenings and/or Sundays from 11:30am to 5:30pm in addition to weeknight evenings.
- Basic computer knowledge in a Windows environment and typing skills are required.
- Bilingual is a plus.
- Ticket sales experience is helpful. Experience using the Tessitura ticketing system is highly desirable.
- All applicants are required to complete and sign a background check authorization form.
For consideration, qualified candidates should email a resume along with three references and cover letter to: email@example.com. Please put “Box Office Associate” in the subject line of your e-mail. No phone calls please.
Theater Front-of-House Assistant – Part Time
The Granada Theatre is a year-round, multi-purpose regional performing arts venue for music, theatre, dance, opera, musicals and community events. The Granada is a historic theater in downtown Santa Barbara.
The Front-of-House Assistant, under direction of the House Manager, provides excellent customer service to the patrons of the wide variety of events held at the Granada. This includes preparing the various Front of House elements for each event including theater cleanliness. Immediately before each event, prepare for and guide a set of ushers in the correct way to act and carry out their event’s assignments. During each event, continue to monitor the ushers in your area as well as monitor for patron adherence to Granada guidelines. After each event, clean and restore the Front of House to non-show condition.
The work schedule is based on the events booked. The hours are highly variable and generally limited to under 20 hours per week. Some weeks will have no hours. Most hours will be at night and may be any day of the week, including weekends. There are a few hours periodically required weekday mornings and holidays during the year.
The Front-of-House Assistant must be able to represent the Santa Barbara Center for the Performing Arts and the Granada Theatre effectively and professionally at all times and on all occasions.
There may be some clerical/administrative work related to the volunteer usher pool and front of house needs.
- Provide overall excellent customer service for the Granada Theatre patrons including resolving patron issues and complaints
- Monitor events to ensure patron and volunteer safety and adherence to rules.
- Work and communicate well with volunteer ushers.
- Assist in emergencies. Need 1st Aid Certification. (can be completed after hire)
- Set up various Front of House needs before events including moving and lifting program boxes, tables, chairs, and other furniture and equipment as needed.
- May assist with Front of House administration such as updating Front of House documentation and systems, preparing show plans and managing the volunteer database.
- Must be able to frequently climb stairs, walk and stand for prolonged periods of time. (4-5 hours minimum)
- Must be able to adapt effectively to changing circumstances.
- Must be able to react professionally and independently in assisting patrons in difficult and emergency situations.
- Communicate effectively and courteously with the public, co-workers and a large team of volunteer ushers.
- Must have great attention to detail.
- Must be able to lift equipment and supplies weighing up to 35 pounds.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Windows based computers and Microsoft Office Word and Excel, email and other web-based apps.
- The employee occasionally works in moderately loud environment.
- Previous experience in a front-of-house position in a performing arts center, or conference center.
- Previous customer service in other fields including restaurants, museums or non-profits.
- Some previous office experience.
For consideration, qualified candidates may mail or email a resume, along with three references and cover letter to:
Santa Barbara Center for the Performing Arts / The Granada Theatre
1214 State Street 6th Floor
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
No phone calls please.