The Granada Theatre has 3 open positions
Box Office Associate – Part Time
The Granada Theatre is currently seeking reliable, customer friendly individuals for several part-time Box Office Associate positions.
Box Office Associates promote outstanding customer service in ticket sales and services for The Granada Theatre, its resident companies, and Historic Theatre District partner venues. Associates impart information about performances, ticket pricing and seating availability as well as general information about the theatres and the Santa Barbara area, while creating a welcoming and inclusive environment to experience the cultural and performing arts.
In addition to ticket sales and services, Box Office Associate duties include but are not limited to general office tasks, proofreading marketing materials and other duties as assigned.
Applicants must be confident working with the public, have a pleasant demeanor, a passion for outstanding customer service, and the ability to professionally interact in person, over the phone and by email with theatre patrons, show presenters, co-workers and the general public.
Weekly work schedules range between 10 to 18 hours. Hours vary depending on scheduled performances and events.
General Box Office hours are Monday through Saturday 10:00am to 5:30pm, Sunday 12:00pm to 5:00pm. The Box Office also remains open until one half hour after the first curtain on performance days.
- Applicants must be available to work weekdays, weekends, evenings and some holidays. Ideal candidates will have availability to work Saturday evenings and/or Sundays from 11:30am to 5:30pm in addition to weeknight evenings.
- Basic computer knowledge in a Windows environment and typing skills are required.
- Bilingual is a plus.
- Ticket sales experience is helpful. Experience using the Tessitura ticketing system is highly desirable.
- All applicants are required to complete and sign a background check authorization form.
For consideration, qualified candidates should email a resume along with three references and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Box Office Associate” in the subject line of your e-mail. No phone calls please.
Theater Front-of-House Assistant - Part Time
The Granada Theatre is a year-round, multi-purpose regional performing arts center for music, theatre, dance, opera, musicals, cinema, and community events. The Granada is part of the Historic Theater District in downtown Santa Barbara.
The Front-of-House Assistant, under direction of the House Manager, shall provide excellent customer service to patrons during events at the Granada. Work may include preparation of the theater space, such as setting up tables, chairs, programs and minor cleaning.
The work schedule is based on the events booked. The hours are highly variable and generally limited to 19 hours or less per week. Some weeks may have no hours. Most hours will be at night and may be any day of the week, including weekends, and holidays.
The Front-of-House Assistant must be able to represent the Granada Theatre effectively and professionally at all times.
- Provide excellent customer service for patrons including resolving issues and complaints.
- Monitor people and events to ensure patron and volunteer safety and adherence to rules.
- Work and communicate well with volunteer ushers.
- Assist in emergencies. Need First Aid Certification. (can be completed after hire)
- Move and lift program boxes, tables, chairs, and other furniture and equipment as needed.
- Must be able to frequently climb stairs, walk and stand for prolonged periods of time. (4-5 hours minimum)
- Must be able to adapt quickly and effectively to changing circumstances.
- Must be able to react professionally and independently in assisting patrons in difficult and emergency situations.
- Communicate effectively and courteously with the public, co-workers and a large team of volunteer ushers.
- Must have great attention to detail.
- Must be able to lift equipment and supplies weighing up to 35 pounds.
- Proficient with Windows, Microsoft Office Word and Excel, email and other web-based apps.
- The employee will occasionally work in a moderately loud environment.
- Previous experience in a front-of-house position in a performing arts center, theater or conference center.
- Previous customer service in other fields, fast-paced places, such as restaurants or museums or non-profits.
- Some previous office experience.
For consideration, qualified candidates should email a resume, along with three references and cover letter to Megan Landry at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Ticketing Services Coordinator - Full Time
The Ticketing Services Coordinator has primary responsibility for event setup within The Granada Theatre’s Tessitura database system. In addition, this employee will assist with requests for lists, reports, and other analytics tasks from internal and external customers, and will specifically act as a liaison between the Ticketing and Marketing departments. This position serves as backup to primary management, supervising performance shifts as required.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position located at The Granada Theatre in Santa Barbara, CA, reporting to the Ticketing Services Manager. The Granada Theatre is operated by the Santa Barbara Center for Performing Arts (SBCPA) and is the master licensee of the SBCPA Consortium.
- Create and maintain ticketing information in Tessitura
- Perform management level ticketing and customer service functions
- Prepare lists, extractions, and reports for internal and external customers
- Perform ticket order imports and exports as required, with assistance of Consortium Support team
- Assist and support ticketing personnel in any of their job functions, as needed
- Assist with the onboarding and training of new ticketing personnel
- Open and/or close daily box office operations, as needed
- Count safe, distribute and collect cash bags
- Assist in the preparation of daily income reconciliation and bank deposit
- Act as manager on duty as required
- Assist in the development and maintenance of employee procedures
- Train staff on correct use of Tessitura to ensure clear reporting on marketing efforts
- Direct and/or perform the proofreading of all public relations material, on behalf of the Marketing department.
- Participate and assist with marketing strategies, publicity, liaison with promotion and management.
- 1-3 years of experience with Tessitura in a performing arts organization
- Prior experience in ticketing operations or similar work
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Commitment to stellar customer service and attention to detail
- Computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings or weekends as required
- Familiarity with marketing concepts
- Experience with subscription ticketing
- Familiarity with web/e-commerce technology
For consideration, please submit cover letter, resume, and three references to Stacey Voigt, Consortium Services Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.