The Granada Theatre has 3 open positions
Box Office Supervisor - Full Time
The Santa Barbara Center for the Performing Arts at the Granada Theatre is seeking a dynamic person for the position of Box Office Supervisor. This full-time position is primarily responsible for overseeing the full and part time Box Office Associates for the Granada Theatre. In addition, this employee will assist with requests for lists, reports, and other analytics tasks as directed by the Ticketing Services Manager and will assist the Special Services Manager as needed. This position requires an irregular work schedule that will include evenings, will-call shifts, weekends and holidays, as related to scheduled performances and events.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND JOB FUNCTIONS
Supervise daily ticketing operations and events at the Granada Theatre, problem solve and resolve patron issues including special needs and complaints.
Assist in training and development of ticketing personnel.
Coordinate specialized ticketing duties and assist the Ticketing Services Manager and Special Services Manager as needed.
The Box Office Supervisor will adhere to approved cash handling protocols when balancing cash drawer and resolving issues; prepare individual sales report in accordance with sound accounting practices; and generate revenue through appropriate and responsive sales skills. The Supervisor will resolve customer service issues and typical ticketing problems with a high level of customer service.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous Tessitura or equivalent ticketing experience, strongly preferred.
- Supervisory or managerial position, strongly preferred.
- Advanced cash handling, strongly preferred.
- Previous office experience, preferred.
- Must have a demonstrated understanding of, and dedication to, the delivery of outstanding customer service.
- Must be able to communicate (both written and verbal) in a personable and mutually respectful fashion as well as effectively build productive relationships with all internal and external constituencies.
- Must be technologically fluent on Windows-based computer systems and be able to effectively use Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be able to utilize ticketing/CRM software.
The Santa Barbara Center for the Performing Arts (SBCPA) is dedicated to providing best-in-class production, sales and administrative support to arts organizations from throughout the Santa Barbara region. SBCPA is making it possible for many of Santa Barbara’s finest performing arts organizations to present their programs with the highest level of contemporary production support and audience comfort.
For consideration, qualified candidates should email a resume along with three references and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
The Santa Barbara Center for the Performing Arts is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in all areas of its operation.
Theater Front-of-House Assistant - Part Time
The Granada Theatre is a year-round, multi-purpose regional performing arts center for music, theatre, dance, opera, musicals, cinema, and community events. The Granada is part of the Historic Theater District in downtown Santa Barbara.
The Front-of-House Assistant, under direction of the House Manager, shall provide excellent customer service to patrons during events at the Granada. Work may include preparation of the theater space, such as setting up tables, chairs, programs and minor cleaning.
The work schedule is based on the events booked. The hours are highly variable and generally limited to 19 hours or less per week. Some weeks may have no hours. Most hours will be at night and may be any day of the week, including weekends, and holidays.
The Front-of-House Assistant must be able to represent the Granada Theatre effectively and professionally at all times.
- Provide excellent customer service for patrons including resolving issues and complaints.
- Monitor people and events to ensure patron and volunteer safety and adherence to rules.
- Work and communicate well with volunteer ushers.
- Assist in emergencies. Need First Aid Certification. (can be completed after hire)
- Move and lift program boxes, tables, chairs, and other furniture and equipment as needed.
- Must be able to frequently climb stairs, walk and stand for prolonged periods of time. (4-5 hours minimum)
- Must be able to adapt quickly and effectively to changing circumstances.
- Must be able to react professionally and independently in assisting patrons in difficult and emergency situations.
- Communicate effectively and courteously with the public, co-workers and a large team of volunteer ushers.
- Must have great attention to detail.
- Must be able to lift equipment and supplies weighing up to 35 pounds.
- Proficient with Windows, Microsoft Office Word and Excel, email and other web-based apps.
- The employee will occasionally work in a moderately loud environment.
- Previous experience in a front-of-house position in a performing arts center, theater or conference center.
- Previous customer service in other fields, fast-paced places, such as restaurants or museums or non-profits.
- Some previous office experience.
For consideration, qualified candidates should email a resume, along with three references and cover letter to Megan Landry at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Box Office Associate - Part Time
The Granada Theatre is currently seeking reliable, customer friendly individuals for several part-time Box Office Associate positions.
Box Office Associates promote outstanding customer service in ticket sales and services for The Granada Theatre, its resident companies, and Historic Theatre District partner venues. Associates impart information about performances, ticket pricing and seating availability as well as general information about the theatres and the Santa Barbara area, while creating a welcoming and inclusive environment to experience the cultural and performing arts.
In addition to ticket sales and services, Box Office Associate duties include but are not limited to general office tasks, proofreading marketing materials and other duties as assigned.
Applicants must be confident working with the public, have a pleasant demeanor, a passion for outstanding customer service, and the ability to professionally interact in person, over the phone and by email with theatre patrons, show presenters, co-workers and the general public.
Weekly work schedules range between 10 to 18 hours. Hours vary depending on scheduled performances and events.
General Box Office hours are Monday through Saturday 10:00am to 5:30pm, Sunday 12:00pm to 5:00pm. The Box Office also remains open until one half hour after the first curtain on performance days.
- Applicants must be available to work weekdays, weekends, evenings and some holidays. Ideal candidates will have availability to work Saturday evenings and/or Sundays from 11:30am to 5:30pm in addition to weeknight evenings.
- Basic computer knowledge in a Windows environment and typing skills are required.
- Bilingual is a plus.
- Ticket sales experience is helpful. Experience using the Tessitura ticketing system is highly desirable.
- All applicants are required to complete and sign a background check authorization form.
For consideration, qualified candidates should email a resume along with three references and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Box Office Associate” in the subject line of your e-mail. No phone calls please.