The Granada Theatre has 3 open positions
Box Office Associate – Part Time
The Granada Theatre is currently seeking reliable, customer friendly individuals for several part-time Box Office Associate positions.
Box Office Associates promote outstanding customer service in ticket sales and services for The Granada Theatre, its resident companies, and Historic Theatre District partner venues. Associates impart information about performances, ticket pricing and seating availability as well as general information about the theatres and the Santa Barbara area, while creating a welcoming and inclusive environment to experience the cultural and performing arts.
In addition to ticket sales and services, Box Office Associate duties include but are not limited to general office tasks, proofreading marketing materials and other duties as assigned.
Applicants must be confident working with the public, have a pleasant demeanor, a passion for outstanding customer service, and the ability to professionally interact in person, over the phone and by email with theatre patrons, show presenters, co-workers and the general public.
Weekly work schedules range between 10 to 18 hours. Hours vary depending on scheduled performances and events.
General Box Office hours are Monday through Saturday 10:00am to 5:30pm, Sunday 12:00pm to 5:00pm. The Box Office also remains open until one half hour after the first curtain on performance days.
- Applicants must be available to work weekdays, weekends, evenings and some holidays. Ideal candidates will have availability to work Saturday evenings and/or Sundays from 11:30am to 5:30pm in addition to weeknight evenings.
- Basic computer knowledge in a Windows environment and typing skills are required.
- Bilingual is a plus.
- Ticket sales experience is helpful. Experience using the Tessitura ticketing system is highly desirable.
- All applicants are required to complete and sign a background check authorization form.
For consideration, qualified candidates should email a resume along with three references and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Box Office Associate” in the subject line of your e-mail. No phone calls please.
Theater Front-of-House Assistant - Part Time
The Granada Theatre is a year-round, multi-purpose regional performing arts center for music, theatre, dance, opera, musicals, cinema, and community events. The Granada is part of the Historic Theater District in downtown Santa Barbara.
The Front-of-House Assistant, under direction of the House Manager, shall provide excellent customer service to patrons during events at the Granada. Work may include preparation of the theater space, such as setting up tables, chairs, programs and minor cleaning.
The work schedule is based on the events booked. The hours are highly variable and generally limited to 19 hours or less per week. Some weeks may have no hours. Most hours will be at night and may be any day of the week, including weekends, and holidays.
The Front-of-House Assistant must be able to represent the Granada Theatre effectively and professionally at all times.
- Provide excellent customer service for patrons including resolving issues and complaints.
- Monitor people and events to ensure patron and volunteer safety and adherence to rules.
- Work and communicate well with volunteer ushers.
- Assist in emergencies. Need First Aid Certification. (can be completed after hire)
- Move and lift program boxes, tables, chairs, and other furniture and equipment as needed.
- Must be able to frequently climb stairs, walk and stand for prolonged periods of time. (4-5 hours minimum)
- Must be able to adapt quickly and effectively to changing circumstances.
- Must be able to react professionally and independently in assisting patrons in difficult and emergency situations.
- Communicate effectively and courteously with the public, co-workers and a large team of volunteer ushers.
- Must have great attention to detail.
- Must be able to lift equipment and supplies weighing up to 35 pounds.
- Proficient with Windows, Microsoft Office Word and Excel, email and other web-based apps.
- The employee will occasionally work in a moderately loud environment.
- Previous experience in a front-of-house position in a performing arts center, theater or conference center.
- Previous customer service in other fields, fast-paced places, such as restaurants or museums or non-profits.
- Some previous office experience.
For consideration, qualified candidates should email a resume, along with three references and cover letter to Megan Landry at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Tessitura Support Specialist - Full Time
The Tessitura Support Specialist provides expertise in the technical and functional configuration of Tessitura software to support the Santa Barbara Center for the Performing Arts Consortium. The duties of this position include setting up and maintaining performance information for the SBCPA and its Consortium sub-licensees as necessary, project management of shared ticketing and central clearing account, support of financial initiatives and performance settlement, reporting and list management, database record maintenance, and general help desk support as needed.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position located at the Granada Theatre administrative offices and reporting to the SBCPA Consortium Services Manager.
- General Help Desk Support (20%)
- Act as first line of support on help requests relating to areas of subject matter expertise (help tickets, emails, calls).
- Triage support requests, assigning priority and responsible party as appropriate.
- Resolve help requests as appropriate or as assigned.
- Performance Configuration Support (20%)
- Input and setup of performances and subscription series as required for ticketing processes, including pricing, promotion codes, and links for website content.
- Maintain facility setups, including creation and modification of facilities as needed.
- Perform configuration tasks for all TNEW sites.
- Assist in developing and maintaining documentation of all processes and procedures relating to Performance Configuration Support for the Consortium.
- Shared Ticketing Support (30%)
- Serve as project lead for shared ticketing and implementation of ticketssb.org.
- Become a subject matter expert in financial configuration and setup within Tessitura.
- Assist in developing standards and procedures dealing with the central clearing account.
- End User Training and Onboarding Support (20%)
- As assigned by Consortium Services Manager, participate in the onboarding of new consortium member organizations.
- Assist with the creation of work instructions, procedures, and other standardized documentation.
- Provide one-on-one or small-group training for end users as required
- Consortium Data Support (10%)
- Under supervision of SBCPA Consortium Services Manager, perform data cleanup and maintenance tasks.
- Create lists, extractions, and output sets for sub-licensees and other internal customers as required.
- Interpret and troubleshoot standard Tessitura reports for sub-licensees and other internal customers.
- Assist sub-licensees in scheduling reports and manage the report schedule to avoid conflicts and duplications.
Skill Set, Education, Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training/certifications/experience
- At least 12 months’ experience with Tessitura or similar CRM/Ticketing software
- Prior experience in ticketing operations or similar work
- Working knowledge of financial systems and terminology
- Enthusiasm for technology and a basic understanding of how databases work
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Commitment to stellar customer service and attention to detail
- Computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Experience querying databases using SQL
- Experience with Tessitura Network Web Products
- Experience with subscription ticketing
- Experience with festival ticketing
- Familiarity with shared data in a consortium environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings or weekends as required
To apply, please email cover letter, resume, and references to Nick Vocatura at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Santa Barbara Center for the Performing Arts Consortium
The Santa Barbara Center for the Performing Arts (SBCPA) Consortium includes The Granada Theatre, The Lobero Theatre, The Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts, Community Arts Music Association (CAMA), The Santa Barbara Symphony, The Ensemble Theatre Company at the New Vic, and American Film Institute. The SBCPA Consortium is dedicated to creating a streamlined, best-in-class customer experience through use of technology and sharing of best practices between its member organizations.