The Granada Theatre has 2 open positions
Special Services Manager - Full Time
The Special Services Manager has responsibility for all of the non-standard ticketing functions for The Granada Theatre including: subscription sales and services; Concierge ticketing in partnership with the Development department; group sales and services; Community Access Ticketing processing; and any special donor relations programs. This position requires a high degree of relationship building and knowledge of The Granada Theatre’s donor base in addition to expert level ticketing transaction processing.
This is a full-time, non-exempt, benefitted position located at The Granada Theatre in Santa Barbara, CA, reporting to the Ticketing Services Manager, and will act as backup to primary management, supervising performance shifts as required. The Granada Theatre is operated by the Santa Barbara Center for Performing Arts (SBCPA) and is the master licensee of the SBCPA Consortium.
Essential Function #1 – Manage specialized ticketing programs including Concierge ticketing, subscription sales, group sales, and Community Access Ticketing:
- Lead the Concierge ticketing program by ensuring priority donors receive elevated levels of ticketing service while cultivating relationships with them.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of VIP donors, their seating preferences, and their attendance history.
- Work closely with Development department to enhance the experience of all donors and fulfill Community Access Ticketing (CAT) requests for the community.
- Handle all incoming group sale orders in conjunction with resident company partners.
- Assist the Ticketing Services Manager with subscription package campaigns including ticketing, rollover, and promotional material proofing.
- Provide reports and other requested information on concierge, subscription, group sales, and CAT activity as requested.
- Train ticketing personnel on appropriate subscription sales, group sales, and CAT procedures.
Essential Function #2 – Support Ticketing Services Manager in daily box office operations
- Assist with the onboarding and training of new ticketing personnel.
- Open and/or close daily box office operations, as needed.
- Count safe, distribute and collect cash bags.
- Assist in the preparation of daily income reconciliation and bank deposit.
- Perform management level ticketing and customer service functions.
- Act as manager on duty as needed, including will call shifts.
- Participate and assist with marketing strategies, publicity, liaison with promotion and management.
Essential Function #3 – Act as Ticketing Services Manager (TSM) in absence of senior management
- Assist TSM in all aspects of Box Office operations.
- Full delegated authority to act on behalf of the TSM.
Skill Set, Education, Experience
- Minimum of two years of experience in a ticketing office or other similar administrative role.
- 1-3 years of hands-on experience with Tessitura or similar ticketing program in a performing arts organization.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Commitment to stellar customer service and attention to detail.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings or weekends as required.
- Prior experience with development/donor relations and/or the performing arts.
- Prior experience using Tessitura CRM software.
- Prior experience with subscription ticketing.
- Prior experience managing staff.
- Familiarity with web/e-commerce technology.
For consideration, please submit cover letter, resume, and three references to Human Resources at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
The Santa Barbara Center for the Performing Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operation.
Box Office Associate - Part Time
The Granada Theatre is currently seeking reliable, customer friendly individuals for several part-time Box Office Associate positions.
Box Office Associates promote outstanding customer service in ticket sales and services for The Granada Theatre, its resident companies, and Historic Theatre District partner venues. Associates impart information about performances, ticket pricing and seating availability as well as general information about the theatres and the Santa Barbara area, while creating a welcoming and inclusive environment to experience the cultural and performing arts.
In addition to ticket sales and services, Box Office Associate duties include but are not limited to general office tasks, proofreading marketing materials and other duties as assigned.
Applicants must be confident working with the public, have a pleasant demeanor, a passion for outstanding customer service, and the ability to professionally interact in person, over the phone and by email with theatre patrons, show presenters, co-workers and the general public.
Weekly work schedules range between 10 to 18 hours. Hours vary depending on scheduled performances and events.
General Box Office hours are Monday through Saturday 10:00am to 5:30pm, Sunday 12:00pm to 5:00pm. The Box Office also remains open until one half hour after the first curtain on performance days.
- Applicants must be available to work weekdays, weekends, evenings and some holidays. Ideal candidates will have availability to work Saturday evenings and/or Sundays from 11:30am to 5:30pm in addition to weeknight evenings.
- Basic computer knowledge in a Windows environment and typing skills are required.
- Bilingual is a plus.
- Ticket sales experience is helpful. Experience using the Tessitura ticketing system is highly desirable.
- All applicants are required to complete and sign a background check authorization form.
For consideration, qualified candidates should email a resume along with three references and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Box Office Associate” in the subject line of your e-mail. No phone calls please.