The Granada Theatre has 3 open positions
Tessitura Support Specialist - Full Time
The Tessitura Support Specialist provides expertise in the technical and functional configuration of Tessitura software to support multiple departments within the Santa Barbara Center for the Performing Arts Consortium. The duties of this position include fundraising and membership configuration, database record maintenance, reporting and list management, and general help desk support for the SBCPA and its Consortium sub-licensees.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position located at The Granada Theatre administrative offices and reporting to the SBCPA Consortium Services Manager.
Consortium Fundraising & Membership Support (40%):
- Advise and assist Consortium fundraising departments with configuration, reporting, and processing.
- Act as Consortium Subject Matter Expert on Fundraising and Membership topics.
- Arrange and/or provide training on Fundraising and Membership topics to new or existing users as required.
- Assist in developing and maintaining documentation of all processes and procedures relating to Fundraising and Membership Support for the Consortium.
Consortium Data Support (40%):
- Under supervision of SBCPA Consortium Services Manager, perform data cleanup and maintenance tasks.
- Create lists, extractions, and output sets for sub-licensees as required.
- Assist sub-licensees in scheduling reports and manage the report schedule to avoid conflicts and duplications.
- Under supervision of Consortium Services Manager, schedule and review constituent merges.
- Review newly created constituent accounts for conformance to Consortium Data Management Standards and create Customer Service Issues (CSIs) requesting corrections/adjustments as necessary.
General Help Desk Support (20%):
- Act as first line of support on help requests (help tickets, emails, calls).
- Triage support requests, assigning priority and responsible party as appropriate.
- Resolve help requests as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned by SBCPA Consortium Services Manager.
Skill Set, Education, Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- At least 12 months’ experience with Tessitura or similar CRM/Ticketing software
- Experience in and understanding of non-profit fundraising and/or memberships
- Computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Enthusiasm for technology and a basic understanding of how databases work
- Must have a highly developed and demonstrable sense of discretion with respect to confidential and private information, appropriate to a non-profit organization
- Must have a keen eye for detail
- Must be able to communicate with all internal and external constituencies in a personable and mutually respectful fashion at all times
- Experience querying databases using SQL
- Familiarity with shared data in a consortium environment
- Experience working with WordFly
- Working knowledge of web technologies and terminology
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including occasional evenings or weekends as required
To apply, please email cover letter, resume, and references to Nick Vocatura, firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Santa Barbara Center for the Performing Arts Consortium
The Santa Barbara Center for the Performing Arts (SBCPA) Consortium includes The Granada Theatre, The Lobero Theatre, The Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts, Community Arts Music Association (CAMA), The Santa Barbara Symphony, The Ensemble Theatre Company at the New Vic, and American Film Institute. The SBCPA Consortium is dedicated to creating a streamlined, best-in-class customer experience through use of technology and sharing of best practices between its member organizations.
Box Office Associate – Part Time
The Granada Theatre is currently seeking reliable, customer friendly individuals for several part-time Box Office Associate positions.
Box Office Associates promote outstanding customer service in ticket sales and services for The Granada Theatre, its resident companies, and Historic Theatre District partner venues. Associates impart information about performances, ticket pricing and seating availability as well as general information about the theatres and the Santa Barbara area, while creating a welcoming and inclusive environment to experience the cultural and performing arts.
In addition to ticket sales and services, Box Office Associate duties include but are not limited to general office tasks, proofreading marketing materials and other duties as assigned.
Applicants must be confident working with the public, have a pleasant demeanor, a passion for outstanding customer service, and the ability to professionally interact in person, over the phone and by email with theatre patrons, show presenters, co-workers and the general public.
Weekly work schedules range between 10 to 18 hours. Hours vary depending on scheduled performances and events.
General Box Office hours are Monday through Saturday 10:00am to 5:30pm, Sunday 12:00pm to 5:00pm. The Box Office also remains open until one half hour after the first curtain on performance days.
- Applicants must be available to work weekdays, weekends, evenings and some holidays. Ideal candidates will have availability to work Saturday evenings and/or Sundays from 11:30am to 5:30pm in addition to weeknight evenings.
- Basic computer knowledge in a Windows environment and typing skills are required.
- Bilingual is a plus.
- Ticket sales experience is helpful. Experience using the Tessitura ticketing system is highly desirable.
- All applicants are required to complete and sign a background check authorization form.
For consideration, qualified candidates should email a resume along with three references and cover letter to: email@example.com. Please put “Box Office Associate” in the subject line of your e-mail. No phone calls please.
Theater Front-of-House Assistant - Part Time
The Granada Theatre is a year-round, multi-purpose regional performing arts center for music, theatre, dance, opera, musicals, cinema, and community events. The Granada is part of the Historic Theater District in downtown Santa Barbara.
The Front-of-House Assistant, under direction of the House Manager, shall provide excellent customer service to patrons during events at the Granada. Work may include preparation of the theater space, such as setting up tables, chairs, programs and minor cleaning.
The work schedule is based on the events booked. The hours are highly variable and generally limited to 19 hours or less per week. Some weeks may have no hours. Most hours will be at night and may be any day of the week, including weekends, and holidays.
The Front-of-House Assistant must be able to represent the Granada Theatre effectively and professionally at all times.
- Provide excellent customer service for patrons including resolving issues and complaints.
- Monitor people and events to ensure patron and volunteer safety and adherence to rules.
- Work and communicate well with volunteer ushers.
- Assist in emergencies. Need First Aid Certification. (can be completed after hire)
- Move and lift program boxes, tables, chairs, and other furniture and equipment as needed.
- Must be able to frequently climb stairs, walk and stand for prolonged periods of time. (4-5 hours minimum)
- Must be able to adapt quickly and effectively to changing circumstances.
- Must be able to react professionally and independently in assisting patrons in difficult and emergency situations.
- Communicate effectively and courteously with the public, co-workers and a large team of volunteer ushers.
- Must have great attention to detail.
- Must be able to lift equipment and supplies weighing up to 35 pounds.
- Proficient with Windows, Microsoft Office Word and Excel, email and other web-based apps.
- The employee will occasionally work in a moderately loud environment.
- Previous experience in a front-of-house position in a performing arts center, theater or conference center.
- Previous customer service in other fields, fast-paced places, such as restaurants or museums or non-profits.
- Some previous office experience.
For consideration, qualified candidates should email a resume, along with three references and cover letter to Megan Landry at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.